Let’s cut to the chase. You’re here to find the best hearing aid, right? A product that works in every environment, useful in all situations, and priced just right.
You’re looking for:
- High Standards
MDHearingAids checks off all of these boxes and provides even more.
We’re going to take a detailed look at each of the four MDHearingAid devices, reveal the best online deals, check out customer reviews, and answer your general hearing aid-related questions.
MDHearingAid First Look:
What We like
- 4 Models: VOLT+, AIR, PRO, CORE.
- Option to buy a single or a pair of hearing aids.
- A wide range of compatible accessories.
- MDHearing app available on your smartphone or tablet.
- Bluetooth technology.
- Waterproof devices.
- 45-day risk-free trial.
- 90-day warranty.
- Affordable prices starting at $199.
What We Don’t Like
- Only behind-the-ear models are available.
- Custom hearing aid options are not offered, but the four models cover most hearing-related problems.
- There’s a limited basic warranty but a more comprehensive subscription warranty is available for an additional fee.
- No online customer support options for technical issues. However, customer service lines are available Monday- Friday with email support 24/7.
- Buy one get one free MDHearingAid AIR
- Buy one get on free MDHearingAid VOLT
- Buy one get one 75% off MDHearingAid CORE
MDHearing Aid website provides affordable, high-quality hearing aid devices and products to people struggling with hearing loss. Their FDA registered devices range from basic analog hearing aids, which amplify general sound, to high-tech digital devices with smartphone and Bluetooth technology.
Consult with your doctor for more information before purchasing these devices, or visit the MDHearingAid website for a free online hearing test.
What Is MD Hearing Aid?
MDHearingAid is a mid-western company whose sole focus is providing high-quality, affordable hearing aids and product accessories throughout the United States.
They offer both analog products, which are typically more affordable, and digital hearing aids for those wanting more control of their hearing device and a crisper sound.
An onsite audiologist will provide the customer recommendations based on the results from your hearing test, also called an audiogram.
MD Hearing Aids
MDHearingAid website offers the customer four models to choose from, starting with the basic analog model, perfect for general hearing loss, and the more advanced, customizable “smart” model. There’s also the option to buy a pair of hearing aids or just a single device.
#1. MDHearingAid VOLT Plus – Best Online Hearing Aid Overall
- Quick recharging battery, less than 3 hours for a full charge.
- 24-30 hours of life on a single charge.
- Two multi-directional microphones that separate background noises.
- Water-resistant against moisture like sweat and rain.
- Magnet chargeable carrying case that holds up to three charges.
- Feedback cancellation technology.
- Only behind the ear model available.
- Not able to adjust to different sound environments automatically.
The VOLT+ is the latest MDHearing Aid model and celebrated as the favorite high-quality, low-cost product MDHearingAid offers.
It comes with a rechargeable case that holds three full charges, perfect for people traveling for work, enjoying vacation time, or the typical outdoor adventurer.
The hearing aid battery only takes 2 ½ hours to charge and lasts for a full 24 hours. And there’s no need to worry about replacing the battery every few months. These guys last for at least 500 charges.
The dual microphone and feedback technology on VOLT+ work together to create a comfortable atmosphere for the wearer in various environment settings. You can easily take a phone call in a crowded restaurant with crystal clear sound and without background noise interference.
VOLT+ is not able to connect with a smartphone or work through Bluetooth, but the four different audio settings make it much easier to hear phone conversations with or without the use of a speakerphone.
#2. MDHearingAid AIR- Most Effective Hearing Aid
- Four audio settings.
- Most affordable digital hearing aids.
- Smaller than other MD hearing aids at 1 inch, making it almost invisible.
- Excellent noise reduction and feedback cancellation.
- Telecoil technology, making AIR easy to use with other audio devices.
- Not rechargeable.
- Not fully water-resistant.
AIR is the most affordable MDHearingAid model with a buy one get the second one free price tag. It’s also the smallest hearing aid option for nearly invisible wear.
With four control settings, you can easily go from watching TV with your family to having individual conversations without interference or background noise getting in your way.
The battery life with AIR is a little shorter than the other models, lasting 21-26 days, but MDHearingAid sells packs of 40 batteries for a very reasonable price, no matter which model AIR you have.
#3. MDHearingAid CORE- Most Innovative Hearing Aid
- Paired with a smartphone app allowing adjustment of your hearing aids to your personal customization.
- Bluetooth enabled sound processing.
- Adapts to different environments automatically.
- Four audio settings and two directional microphones.
- Advanced noise reduction and feedback cancellation.
- Not rechargeable.
- Not water-resistant.
CORE is MDHearingAid’s most advanced model and has multiple features not seen in many hearing aids today. The smartphone technology allows the wearer to make personalized adjustments right on their smartphone or tablet, which is great for anyone who has trouble with the tiny push button on most hearing aids.
Set up for CORE hearing aids is very easy and can be done entirely through the app. Once you get your hearing aid, add the app to your phone or tablet, and make your personalized adjustments. That’s it!
You’re good to start wearing your CORE hearing aids immediately without further adjustments. But you must have an iOS version 10 or up or an Android 5 and up to customize your device.
If you don’t have a smartphone but still want the more advanced technology found in the CORE, no problem. This MDHearingAid works with or without the app, but you will lose personalization without the app function.
The Bluetooth-enabled feature is easily paired with the app and detects the hearing environment making automatic adjustments without lifting a finger.
The wearer also controls the adjustment settings for each hearing aid device, so if you need more of a boost in one ear and not the other, the CORE has you covered. The bonus of the two-directional microphone helps isolate sounds in your environment and filter them accordingly, giving you crystal clear sound in the noisiest of locations.
The battery life is relatively short, only lasting 5-12 days, but MDhearingAid offers codes and online coupons for battery discounts and even a year’s supply of free batteries with specific coupon codes.
#4. MDHearingAid PRO- Most Affordable Hearing Aid
- Two audio settings.
- Analog technology.
- General noise reduction.
- Long battery life, 30-40 days.
- Lowest price for a single hearing aid.
- No directional microphone, so not great for loud sound environments with a lot of background noise.
PRO is the most affordable hearing aid device with the lowest price for a single hearing aid. MDHearingAid boasts that the PRO can help 80% of people with hearing loss.
The PRO analog technology offers the wearer a solution to simple hearing problems such as boosting general sound and blocking some peripheral noises. There are two settings available with PRO — flat loss for people with general hearing loss on all frequencies, and sloping loss for adults with only high-frequency hearing loss.
These PRO hearing aids are perfect for telephone conversations or one-on-one situations but won’t do much in noisy environments like sporting events or concerts.
The size of this MDHearingAid PRO is slightly larger than the others, but it still discreetly fits in the ear with invisible tubing that goes behind the ear and does not affect glasses wearers or get in the way while talking on the phone.
#5. MDHearingAid Accessories
When purchasing accessories, you’ll need to know the device model and the series. MDHearingAid accessories include:
- Tubes and tips
- Batteries for each hearing aid device and their series
- Carrying cases
- Tube blowers
- Cleaning tools
- Dehumidifier to remove moisture from hearing aids
- Ear wax rinse kits
- UV-clean and dry boxes
- Charging dock (VOLT series M only)
- Rechargeable carrying case (VOLT series H only)
MD Hearing Aid Reviews
MDHearingAid provides dozens of honest customer reviews for each product, and these are a few we believe represent what people really think about these products.
MDHearingAid Prices and Buying Process
MDHearingAid makes the buying process very simple. With multiple price points available, you have the option of purchasing a single hearing aid device or a pair of hearing aids. Eligible customers have the option of 3, 6, or 12-month payment plans with 0% interest.
Monthly plans starting at $33.33
Discount- Buy two for $399.98
Monthly plans starting at $33.33
Discount- Buy two for $599.98
Monthly plans starting at $50
Monthly plans starting at $83.33
MDHearingAid Free Online Hearing Test
MDHearingAid offers a free online hearing test and information on hearing loss directly on their website. It’s simple to use and only requires your name, email address, and a pair of headphones.
Once on the test site, you simply adjust the sound volume to the lowest level that you can still hear. After the quick 1 minute test, you’ll receive hearing results of both ears and a breakdown report of the audiology test explaining the high, middle, and low frequencies results and precisely what that means for your hearing.
MDHearingAid Trial Period
There is a 45 day trial for all models. If you’re not satisfied with your product within that time frame, you can return them for a full refund. Returns after 45 days of ordering your product will not be accepted.
MDHearingAid has a 90-day warranty with a money-back guarantee on all of its hearing aids. If your hearing aids stop working at any time before the 90 day grace period ends, MDHearingAid will inspect your device and repair or replace any parts free of charge.
There’s also the MDHearingAid shield protection subscription plan that protects your device from all accidental damages no matter what the cause. If the defect can’t be fixed, MDHearingAid will send you a new device.
Monthly subscriptions start at $9.99 and can be canceled at any time.
Buying Hearing Aids Online vs. The Traditional Process
For people not sure about buying hearing aids online, you can always go through the traditional process of buying one from an audiologist or from hearing centers.
You’ll need a referral from your doctor before seeing an audiologist. Still, you’ll not only receive a more detailed hearing test, but the audiologist may be able to give more information and determine the reason for your hearing loss.
You’ll also benefit from more brands and styles of hearing aids to choose from and hearing devices that are custom fit for each ear.
There are added expenses to consider — ear test, examination costs, sales markups for the products, extra charges for return visits, and device adjustments — making the traditional buying process from hearing aid companies a much more expensive option than purchasing hearing aids online.
Is MDHearingAid Legitimate?
- Yes. This is an Illinois-based company and has been making FDA-registered hearing aids for over ten years with a team of in-house audiologists who program and test each device.
What Is the Best Online Hearing Aid?
- The VOLT+ is MDHearingAid’s most popular brand boasting positive reviews with few complaints. It is arguably the best online hearing aid with its water-resistant coating, rechargeable batteries, and the latest technology, all at an affordable price.
Why Are Hearing Aids So Expensive?
- Several factors make hearing aids expensive. Research and development of the latest technology is the bulk of the expense. Other factors include the fee of the audiologist and other hearing specialists who test each device, a small competitive market, and the premium cost of insurance and Medicaid.
- Another complaint people have is the high retail markup of hearing aids sold in brick and mortar companies or at a hearing center.
What Is the Big 6?
- There are six main hearing aid manufacturers, sometimes called the “Big 6” and they control 98% of the global hearing aid market and have some of the most expensive price tags. These companies are Phonak, Resound, Oticon, Sivantos, Widex, and Starkey.
Why Are MDHearingAids More Affordable?
- MD keeps the cost of their products low by selling directly to the consumer without the extra expense of doctor and audiologist appointments and insurance markups.
Are MD HearingAids FDA Approved?
- Yes. All MDHearingAid products are FDA registered and approved.
MD HearingAids website offers customers a wide variety of high-quality hearing aids and accessories ranging from basic to the most technologically advanced devices on the market.
Their staff of in-house audiologists makes sure each device is properly programmed and thoroughly tested, and if you’re not satisfied, there’s a 45-day free trial and other warranty options available.
By selling hearing aids online directly to the consumer, MDHearingAid provides the most affordable options without sacrificing the quality of its products while saving you money in the process.